PEACE OF MIND. FINANCIAL SECURITY.
Let’s achieve both.
Based on a central premise, many investment firms recommend high exposure to the stock market at all times. At Secure Retirement, removing risk in retirement portfolios is our core principal.
It is why for over 22 years we have studied which asset classes provide true safety, and profits, when risk strikes markets.
OUR NAME SAYS IT ALL.
Here at Secure Retirement Financial, our mission is simple– to invest portfolios safely, while serving our clients with old-fashioned care and experienced competency. In addition to comprehensive investment guidance we offer:
- Retirement Planning
- Health Care Planning including medicare and long term care
- Social Security Income Planning
- Alternative Investments, such as
- Insurance including life insurance and annuities
(Commissions are paid by the insurance company if we recommend and transact insurance on your behalf)
Learn more about what we do.
DEFENSIVE GROWTH PORTFOLIO INVESTMENT STRATEGY
The overriding principle which governs our Defensive Growth Portfolio involves the control measures, described below, which we use to quantify and limit risk. These measures are designed to make sure we move to a fully defensive position should severe risk hit markets.
The secondary goal involves attempting to identify and capitalize on opportunities, wherever they may occur.
Portfolio Construction Process
- Macroeconomic study. We search for asset classes around the world which have the most attractive combination of growth prospects and price.
- We then study the correlations between those asset classes and all other asset classes, and the standard deviations of their returns, during economic time periods similar to the present.
- With those variables in place, we select the portfolio which has the highest expected return at the volatility level we are targeting.
- Once we have determined the correct mix of asset classes (“optimizing” the target portfolio), we select the appropriate mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, or individual securities (stocks & bonds).
A Crisis Portfolio
Our current Defensive Growth Portfolio was developed specifically for the unique time period we are in now. It was created after a series of studies in which we analyzed the performance of every asset class during previous time periods involving a financial crisis, market crash, and/or severe recession or depression. The purpose of these studies was to learn how to spot, analyze, and reduce investment risk.
One particular theme emerges when studying historical macroeconomics. As a rule, almost every single asset class in the world drops together as a group through a crisis. Perhaps 99 out of 100 stocks plunge, along with corporate bonds and almost everything else in the markets.
In sharp contrast, three asset classes have typically soared in price from the beginning of a financial crisis or market crash until several months after the accompanying recession has ended. These three asset classes are:
- Long Treasury bonds
- Managed Futures
- Precious Metals
In 2020 our portfolios are split between those three asset classes.
Portfolio Management and Investment Advice
Conservative investment portfolios as created by Secure Retirement’s President and Chief Investment Officer, Richard Morey, brings all of his knowledge, skill and passion to making sure we have the best opportunities available for your individual needs and goals.
Investment Advice is provided based on your lifestyle needs and financial goals as well as personal preferences. Analysis of your existing investments will also help determine investment strategy recommendations.
Accounts are held at Charles Schwab and Co. Schwab is one of the largest financial institutions in the world. More importantly their service is exceptional and consistent. They are always on the forefront of technology to improve the customer’s experience.
We have partnered with Advizon, a division of YHLSoft, for integrated account management and reporting that helps us provide clients with in-depth summaries of their investment holdings and returns though a personalized, highly-secure web portal.
Wondering what to expect? (Hint: think informal, friendly and relaxed conversation)
- To have a productive meeting usually requires 45 – 60 minutes.
- We will talk about what You want to talk about; it’s your agenda.
- We will let you know what services and advice we can provide; we will also let you know what we CANNOT provide.
- If you would like our option on an investment or financial related question, we will provide it. If not we won’t.
- Our services, if you choose to engage them, are paid for by fees for the assests we manage. these will be clearly explained.
There is no pressure to “do” anything on your part. This meeting is for you to determine if we are a candidate to help you achieve your goals. If there is interest we will determine the next steps. If not, hopefully the time spent will have been productive.